
And here's Baby O'Reilly from the inside...
It's a picture of the baby's face, in case you can't tell. The baby's laying on its side and it's face is on the left part of the picture. You can see it's forehead, one eye (it does have two eyes, just not in this picture), nose, mouth and chin and then it's chest to the right. The ultrasound took about 20 minutes (which I thought was too fast since I basically had no clue what I was looking at for 90% of the time). The things we could see were it's face, spinal cord, legs, hands (it spread it's little fingers out), it's feet, and strong heart beating. The rest of what she took pictures of were completely lost on me. The baby was moving around like crazy although I didn't feel anything at all. It started with it's head down and by the end it's head was up and it's butt was down. It was swimming all over the place. It's little mouth was opening and closing and the hands played with the feet for a few seconds.
It was such a relief to see it so active since I really don't feel a whole lot, mostly just a little movement once a day or so. It was just a radiation technician so she couldn't answer any questions (thank goodness I'm leaving Kaiser very soon) so I don't know any lengths or weights or if anything looked normal or abnormal. She just took her pictures and sent us off. It was wonderful to see the baby and I'm really excited to start feeling all this energy that it obviously has!
No comments:
Post a Comment