Friday, December 18, 2009
It's a Christmas Miracle!
The basement is carpeted!! I can't believe how nice it looks down there. Here are a few pictures to show off our (almost) finished basement. Our camera seems to have some spots showing up, they aren't flaws in the paint :-)
George checking out how well the new couch does as a highway.
The best seat in the house...
Katy and James came by to check out the basement. James loved the new couch - he ran back and forth about 50 times and collected quite the build-up of static. He loved touching Katy's finger and feeling the shock and then his hair would lay flat again!
I think the couch looks so great!
George is a pretty big fan of the basement already.

There are still a few things that need to be done this weekend for the basement to really be considered finished. The big one is that Sean has to build the hand rail for the staircase so that we can have the inspector sign off on things on Monday. But for the most part, the basement is looking better than I ever pictured and I am so ridiculously impressed by and proud of Sean for over two years of hard work. We also owe a huge thank you to my dad who put in so much time working downstairs on the electrical and plumbing - we couldn't have done it without his help! Once the inspection is cleared, we can move our TV downstairs and all of G's toys and take advantage of our beautiful new basement!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It seriously looks so wonderful! I am blown away by what an amazing job Sean did down there! I am so glad I got to see it-I love it!!!!
It looks amazing! I can't wait to sleep down there next week! :) Great job Sean!
Post a Comment