We had a pretty eventful week around here. On Monday night, we noticed that Gus's dirty diaper had some blood in it. Of course it was 10:00 at night, so I had to call the after-hours nurse who instructed us to take him to Children's Hospital right away. So Sean stayed home with sleeping George and I took little Gus to the emergency room. It was a very busy night and we didn't talk to a doctor until 3:30 am - and I thought I was as exhausted as I could be before that night!
Anyway, after talking with the doctor, he said that it's probably a dairy allergy that's caused Gus's issues (there were a couple other things I should have noticed). So, now it's up to me to avoid all dairy and soy in my diet. Our own doctor told us that many kids with milk allergies also have soy allergies, so I should cut both out. Little did I know that these two ingredients are in so much of what I love! But we'll learn some new recipes and eat lots of fruit and vegetables around here and hope that Gus outgrows the allergy sometime soon. Here's a sweet picture of our quickly-growing boy...
The morning after our late-night ER trip, George woke up and Sean and I didn't hear him at all. When Sean woke up and went into the kitchen, this is what he saw...
George had discovered the tub of Vaseline that I had left out when I had taken Gus's temperature the night before!
Here are just some cute pictures of George entertaining his little brother. First, starting out with a little dancing...

5 comments:
Oh my goodness, that pic of G1 with the Vaseline makes me think we should never put him & Ryan together for too long- it could be major disaster!! :)
I'm glad you figured out what was upsetting G2- we'll see you guys soon!
YOur boys are adorable. George cracks me up. I wish I could hear him singing. It sounds too cute.
OMG, hilarious! Both the vaseline and the singing face. Love it! Definitely worth documenting. You need a video of George singing Sound of Music!
Those are about the most hilarious pictures I have ever seen...especially the Vaseline! We miss hearing George sing and dance to Lady Gaga on Wednesdays!
His hair must have been well conditioned! Guess he thought more was better---You have to video the singing for all of us to experience! Hope you caught up on your rest--poor little Gus--hope he is better.
Pat & Ray
Post a Comment