Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Just for fun

I don't have anything major to report (well, I do, but I'll get to that later) so here are just some random pictures of our boys having fun.  Sean and I got tired of lugging our chunky baby around in the infant car seat so we got George a big boy seat and put Gus in George's old one.  Here are the boys having fun in the new car seat's box (well, Gus doesn't exactly look like he's having fun!).
 We got a membership to the Butterfly Pavilion from Groupon one day and went for the first time last week with Michelle, Isabelle, and Mark.  George even got to hold Rosie the tarantula!

With his good friend, Belle.

Gus just looking cute before bed one night.


Isn't this how your landscaper dresses?

In the bathtub, his hair is getting a little shaggy :)

The news I was talking about before was that George had minor surgery this morning.  I am happy to report that it went fine, we were home by lunch and George was such a very brave boy the whole time.  He never cried (he came close a couple times) and came out of the recovery room rocking a pair of tiger stripe sunglasses :)  Poor George was born with a bend at the tip of his penis (sorry if you're reading this in the future, George, I'm not trying to embarrass you).  We noticed it a couple months ago and the doctor suggested we get it fixed now.  I'm glad we did because the doctor told us after surgery today that it was the most bent penis he's ever seen :(  I was a little nervous having George under general anesthesia, but I was able to be in the room as he breathed his bubble-gum smelling gas to knock him out and Sean was there as he woke up.  He's going to be pretty sore for a while and has to take it easy for 2 weeks, and thanks to how bent it was he has a catheter for the next few days.  I'm hoping this doesn't set us back to step one in potty training, but if so then that's okay.  I'm just glad that he's okay, that he'll be able to pee straight from now on, and however odd it is to think about now, I'm glad he'll be normal in the the intimacy department as an adult.

So if you need to find us, we'll be at home the next couple weeks taking it easy and avoiding all straddle toys (as ordered by the doctor)!

2 comments:

Sweet Baby James said...

I am so glad that Georgie is at home and recovering well. Poor little guy. I adore all the photos in this post. Especially the naked bum+rain boots and the one of Gus in the insanely cute dipe laying on his tummy. That one needs to be framed!

Debbie and Matt said...

We are so glad to hear that George was so brave!! What a big boy. I REALLY wish we were there now to make you dinner and help keep you occupied with straddle free activities!!! Your photos are getting so amazing Anne. I love all of them in this post, too!