Well, he's now almost a year old, but I have to backpedal and say something about him being 11 months old :) It might be hard for me to think back to what he was doing a month ago instead of what he's doing now, but it's close enough.
- Starting on Christmas Day, Gus started taking some steps on his own. Within the week, it was 5-6 steps at a time, and now he literally walks all around the house with a big smile on his face.
- Gus now has 5 teeth. His top two teeth have a big gap in them and they make us laugh :)
- By 11 months, Gus started imitating some of our usual actions like talking on the phone. Luckily, he doesn't know how to operate the iPhone yet and find his favorite movies like George does, but it probably won't be long!
- Here's Gus rooting for the Broncos!
- There was a very small window in Gus' existance where he enjoyed eating baby food from a spoon, maybe 2-3 weeks. Now he refuses to eat anything that I "serve" him and will hit the spoon out of my hand. The alternative is just giving him food to feed himself, however messy the results end up being!
- This picture is just from a couple days ago, but I love it so I'm including it. Now that he walks, Gus has become a world-class ninja at times, being so quiet and sneaky that you don't even notice when he grabs a bottle of salad dressing from the open fridge, takes it into the next room while you're cooking dinner, and takes a balsamic vinaigrette bath.
p.s. I also wrote a Christmas post so you can read that one next - two posts in one day! I'm making up for lost blogging time :)
1 comment:
I LOVE that last photo with the salad dressing bath-OMG, I can't stop laughing. And your last paragraph is EXACTLY how I feel! I thought James was such a "big boy" when he was 1, and I feel like Mac is still 100% baby. And I have totally been letting him fall asleep on me in the glider and just soaking in every second of those sleepy snuggles. Best feeling in the world!
Post a Comment