Today we headed up to the mountains to enjoy the beautiful fall colors of the aspens. It was a gorgeous day so we got to take the new jeep out to try it out on a four-wheeling road outside Fairplay. Sean took off the roof and the windows, and off we went.
I even got to drive - Sean was a little nervous about that, but I showed him that I was pretty awesome at four-wheeling :)
The day started off pretty great for the boys...
.... and then it went downhill pretty quickly. George stayed home from school yesterday because he had a pretty nasty sounding cough. I guess he wasn't 100% today so he was pretty tired and wasn't really interested in the short hike we had planned.
Gus' sweet demeanor spiraled pretty quickly as well. He did not like the bumpy road at all and cried at the top of his lungs the whole way back down to the paved road. Sean thinks it had a lot to do with the fact that he's still rear facing in his car seat and that probably was pretty uncomfortable to be jostled around while facing backwards. We eventually tried to just tune him out, get down the hill, and enjoy our surroundings.
Today is also our fifth wedding anniversary! We take a picture every year on the porch swing, so here's our family pic from this morning.
These past five years have been good to us all - I love you, Sean!
1 comment:
I LOVE the picture of you walking with the boys. Such pretty fall colors! I also love Sean's new Jeep and the anniversary picture. Hope you guys had a great time celebrating together :)
Post a Comment