Monday, December 29, 2014

Wagilia 2014

I only have a couple pictures from Gus' Christmas pageant at St. John's because this is how he looked almost the entire time:

This is a short video of the whole group singing and Gus gives an eye roll at the end that had us laughing so hard!! 





 I have no clue why he has always been anti-Christmas performance, but that's how he's always been.  When I asked his teacher about it, she said, "Actually I was impressed... in rehearsal all he does is cry and ask for you!"  So I guess his quiet indifference was an improvement :)

After the "performance," we snapped a quick picture with my parents and then hit the road for Joliet, Illinois for the funeral of Sean's sweet grandmother, Julia.  

 I LOVE that my kids have such a special, meaningful tradition for Christmas Eve.  Wagilia is one of my favorite nights of the year.... and the kids love being with their cousins so much.  Here's George saying what he is thankful for this year.  Everyone says something, then breaks off a small piece of the wafer and passes it along.  This year, George said he was thankful for his cousins, his school, and his grandparents.  Gus was thankful for Elf on the Shelf, Santa Darth Vader, and Santa Jango Fett (Lego Star Wars characters from their advent calendars).



These two boys are BFFs.  They had so much fun together this week.  George has even been invited over for his first sleepover this week!





It's always wonderful when Terry and Marlene are here for Christmas!











 


Hooray for Wagilia and Christmas Eve and family and matching Christmas jammies!  (You can see
the first version with Gus here.)

No comments: