Saturday, July 19, 2008

31 Weeks - Starting the Baby's Room

Today Sean and I painted the baby's room. Actually, Sean did literally all the work, I painted a few stars in one corner. This has been the way Sean wants the room since I first found out I was pregnant. He envisioned a sun in one corner and the moon in the other with the sky changing from day to night along the way. I have to admit, I was skeptical about how it would turn out. He did such a great job and I think it looks so great!

At first, my suggestion was using a sponge for the transition from color to color. It didn't work so well.

So Sean figured out how to blend the colors and just make his way around the room.


Here's the sun in one corner with the sky getting lighter towards the sun.


Here's the night sky, with my sole contribution: the stars. The night sky looks really great in the room.
Here's the creative director of the project working away.


Our next step will be to replace the hideous ceiling fan in there that came with the house. Then, I think we're ready to bring in the crib and set that up. Oh, and Sean wants to put up a piece of white trim to separate the border from the rest of the wall. I can't wait to see it all finished!

No other news in the O'Reilly house. The baby keeps growing - I have a midwife's appointment on Wednesday to check in and we are also taking our tour of the hospital that night evening. That's it from me for the week - Sean is awesome!

1 comment:

Sweet Baby James said...

Way to go Papa O'Reilly! The mural looks awesome! We may have to comission Sean to come and paint James' new room in the Mont.