Last weekend, my talented friend Katy took George's one year pictures at Wash Park. They turned out so amazing and we've received lots of compliments on them (thanks Katy!). Here are a few of our favorites, with some details about our one year-old boy scattered between them...
* He seems to be hitting a plateau in his growth charts. Today he weighed in at 23 lbs, 5 oz, which is only the 58th percentile. For a baby that was in the high 90s for his first 6 months, this is a big difference! He is 30 1/2 inches long (74th percentile), and his head is in the 76th. Today's appointment was by far the worst for poor George (no bad news or anything, just a crabby one year-old). He was unhappy to be there from the start, cried throughout his exam from Dr. Neil, and hated us when he got two shots and a prick in the toe to test for lead since we live in such an old house.
* He is starting to walk more without any bribing from us. He has now realized how much easier it is to get from one place to another by taking a couple steps than to crouch down, crawl, and pull himself back up. His steps are getting more and more solid, although he is still very much a cute, wobbly new walker.
*He is madly in love with my mom. This weekend he pretty much wanted to be held by her at all times, crying when anyone else tried to take him away (even me or Sean).
* He wakes up in the morning and the first thing he does is point to the living room. He points all day long now, at places he wants to go, things he wants to touch, and people he wants to see. Usually his points entail his entire arm outstretched while he tilts his head. Laura even noticed that even when he isn't actively pointing at something, his index finger is still in the pointing position at his side, ready for the next target.
* He went to the zoo last week for the first time since February and loved it! He paid such close attention to the animals and gave them big smiles. Thanks to the Crists, we can now go the zoo all we want since they gave us a membership for G's birthday!!
* I know he's my kid and all, but I have to say that he really is a fun kid to be around. He is funny and clever and daring and loving and sweet and silly. It is truly awesome how much he has changed in one year. I am so amazed by his accomplishments and I can't wait to see what he learns next. We love you, George!
4 comments:
Yay! I am glad you posted some of the pictures! I can NOT believe that George is 1, he has been so much fun to watch grow up this year! He officially has the cutest dimples I have ever seen.
I'm madly in love with him too. We just can't help it, we have lots of fun together. After one year, I must say that George has a really great mommy and daddy too. You both must be doing something right!
Seriously we think alike, Gracie got her one-year photos at Wash Park too the week before her birthday. We hope to have the images next week. Loving the little guy and can't believe they are one!!
Love him so much! Can't believe one year has passed! I had such a fun time with him this weekend!
Post a Comment