Thursday, October 29, 2009

The "Snow" Reillys (Sean's Idea)

Denver has been hit by a pretty big snowstorm the last couple days. We woke up today to about 16 inches of snow - schools have been canceled, Sean got the day off work, and we've been keeping ourselves entertained inside and outside.
This is our backyard as of 10:00 this morning - we're supposed to get 3-6 more inches today!
Playing in the snow this morning...


These next pictures are from yesterday morning. Luckily we knew the storm was coming, so I bought George his snow bibs on Tuesday. He also got a new hat and new snowboots from my mom, so he was pretty much all set. The only thing we really need now are some waterproof mittens. These fleece ones were soaking wet almost immediately, so the next time we went outside I put his hands in socks, then put a baggie around them, then put the fleece mittens on top. His hands were dry but I'm sure there's a better way!


Last night I braved the weather with my mom, Aunt Anne, and Rhonda to go see Wicked at the Buell theater. We had a great dinner, the roads weren't too bad, then started to file in to the theater until our tickets were scanned. Rhonda was first and her's made a buzzer sound instead of the nice dinging everyone else's did in front of us. That's because we were there a night too soon!! When Shane and Rhonda bought the tickets, they thought it was for Wednesday night, we all planned for it, wrote it on our calendars, but never looked carefully at the tickets to see they were for Thursday night instead! So we'll try it again tonight - luckily I've seen Wicked before and know that it is totally worth all this hassle in the snow!

2 comments:

Kathy Balluff said...

Love the pictures. Is George standing up in the one with Sean? Too funny!

Sweet Baby James said...

Such cute pictures! And that is funny about the Wicked tickets, hopefully you can get there safely tonight! The best place I was able to find waterproof baby sized mittens last year was Children's Place. I would give you James, but I don't know if they would fit G. We need to go buy him a new pair because he has to make fists to cram his hands into the baby ones! How nice that Sean got the day home with you guys!