Monday, November 2, 2009
Happy Halloween!
We all had a lot of fun this weekend celebrating Halloween with our little chicken. On Saturday we went to the Highland's neighborhood trick-or-treat street with my parents, Katie & Mark, and Zoe the penguin. George seemed to enjoy riding in his first wagon and even got 5 pieces of candy (which Sean and I ate when we got home). 

It was an exhausting wagon ride...
That afternoon we went over to our friends Anne and Benji's house for their Halloween party. There were so many adorable kids there in costume and George had a lot of fun. Across the street from the party, a band set up on the front porch and played fun music for all the trick-or-treaters. They would change up the lyrics to the songs to include the costumes that were walking by - they were very funny!
I seem to have two insanely talented puffy-painting friends because Katy did a heck of job on James' Hulk Hogan bandana and take a look at this: while it isn't the best picture of the other George (sorry, George) I had to post it because his mom, Lindsay, did such an awesome job on his costume. In case you can't tell, he is the book "Goodnight Moon." She used felt squares and free-handed the words on one side and the illustrations on the other. Then on his back side were the front and back covers of the book (every single detail down to the bar code). I was so impressed!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Chicken George is so cute! I love the Goodnight Moon costume!
Um, the Goodnight Costume puts my puff painting skills to shame. I officially surrender my title as best puff painter ever. Such a creative costume! And I love chickem George!
Post a Comment