I am terrified to write this because I'm afraid I'll jinx our good fortune, but I'm doing it anyway. George has made his first big transition to becoming the big brother around here by moving into a big boy bed. After looking forever on Craigslist for a twin bed with storage drawers (thank you 1912 house with tiny closets), we finally found this one and got it set up Sunday night. By Monday afternoon, George was sold. I was thinking we'd have it in the room awhile, read books on it, get used to it being there, then try to sleep in it. Oh no, George napped on it yesterday before we had even bought any sheets!
It doesn't look that great now - George picked the lovely tan comforter himself. But my parents have ordered a very cute comforter cover with.... you guessed it - trucks all over it!


This is George saying hi to Nana and Pa!

George even slept all night in the bed last night without making a single sound. On each of my many trips to the bathroom throughout the night (thanks to this growing baby), I would check in to make sure he wasn't sleeping on the floor, but sure enough, he was right there in the corner on his faithful Leo dog :)

This morning he got out of bed, walked into our room and said, "Wake up Mommy! Wake up Daddy!" And after his nap this afternoon, I was downstairs and heard him get up. I ran up the stairs thinking he'd be looking for me. Oh no, he was in the kitchen pouring himself a cup of water!
I really hope this sticks because it was about as easy as it gets. We're hoping for a couple more big transitions for him before the baby comes (potty training and ditching the bed-only binky) so I'm glad at least one of them seems to be no big deal to George - knock on wood!!
5 comments:
He does look like such a big boy! I'm hoping it will continue to be smooth sailing for you guys!
That is awesome he did so well with his bed! And I am cracking up that he was just pouring himself a cup of water after nap. "No biggie mom, I'm a big kid now" :-) So cute!
So cute!
That is so awesome Anne. I love the bed and George looks adorable!
When ever I need a smile in the day I can count on visiting your O'Reilly Blog on a grin! Thanks for sharing your kiddo with all of us!
Post a Comment