Monday, April 11, 2011

Taking Pictures

Yesterday I took a photo class that was an introduction to all the fancy things my new camera can do. The class was a little overwhelming, but I'm determined to figure out how this camera works. Here are my very first attempts at taking pictures outside the "auto" setting :) None of them are particularly great, but I had fun fiddling with the settings and I guess that's how I'll learn. The pictures look better when they're full size on the computer, as well.It's a beautiful day here in Denver, so we headed to the park. As my instructor suggested, I took my camera (he says to take it everywhere!).
Can you sense the motion? Ha!
At least the subject is easy on the eyes :)
My attempt an a more "artsy" photo.

4 comments:

Sweet Baby James said...

Good job Anne! I rely on auto way too much. Look up if a 50mm 1.8 will autofocus on your camera. If so, it will make a huge difference compared to your kit lens. I can bring you one to try out :-)

Laura Loo said...

Well done Anne! I love the pictures! (But I loved them even before your class).

Kathy Balluff said...

Good Job Anne. Hope to see many more of your wonderful pictures.

THE MERCIER'S said...

Looks good! Now you can teach me how to use the camera!