The O'Reillys have spent the week settling back into regular, non-vacation life again. Denver has been getting pounded with rain ever since we got home from Steamboat, and it has turned George's dirt pile in the backyard into an enormous mud puddle! I finally gave in the other day and just let him play in it since it was too tempting for him to ignore. So he stripped off his clothes and had a blast!
Later that day, Sean let him play in it as well, although he didn't think to take off his clothes. The result: an official mud shirt that can now only be worn for playing in filth and painting.
| But he sure was happy! |
Friday night was the annual Platt Park picnic. We brought our dinner, caught up with neighborhood friends, and enjoyed some jazz music in the park before it poured rain on us all!
Gus had a big day Saturday as well, getting his first taste of rice cereal. George couldn't stand not being the one to feed him, so I let him have a turn. Gus seemed to like it okay, but wasn't over the moon about it. I'm kind of happy because now I can wait awhile longer and keep feeding him the easiest meal on earth to prepare, heat, and transport :)
| He has also become a champion sitter! He's getting so strong! |
| We love life with our boys! |
5 comments:
Oh my gosh!!! Those pictures of George in the mud are the cutest!!!! I wish Abby could have been around the corner to join in. Gus is getting so big and is also so adorable. Your photo skills are getting so good, too.
George looks like he was having the time of his life in the mud, you are such a fun mama! And seriously, I say this in every comment, but your pics are SOOO good! You are totally rocking your new camera. I love the tilted one of G#1 in the mud. I love the green polo outfit on Gus, he is so handsome :)
Talk about pictures that make you smile!! Total freedom in those mud shots. Gus is so darn cute and trying his hardest to keep up with his big brother. Keep the great pictures flowing Anne. You are a natural.
I think those mud pics may be my favorite kid photos ever! George rocks, as do you for letting him dive in. I love reading your blog b/c George so reminds me of Alec, and hopefully we can introduce Gus and Charlie sometime soon!
George in the mud I love! Gus sitting up so straight I love. I love love it all.
Post a Comment