Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cookie Playdate

Inspired by a Pinterest find, George and I invited Michelle, Isabelle, and Mark over to bake some Halloween cookies with us today.  These two used to spend so much time together (Michelle and I too) and we were so happy to have them over!  The goal here was to make cookies that resembled candy corn.  I just bought pre-made sugar cookies dough, the kids used food coloring to make it orange, then they used white and dark chocolate on the ends to make it look like a candy corn.  Since I didn't have a triangle-shaped cookie cutter and the pre-made dough doesn't hold a shape well, some "triangles" looked a little more blob-like, but I think they still turned out cute and the kids had a lot of fun :)  Here are some pictures!


Squishing around the food coloring was pretty fun!





It was way too much to ask them not to lick their fingers!

The finished product!



The little bros just hung out, being cute...

I love how concerned and understanding Mark looks.  "It's okay, Gus, just let it all out."
So glad to spend some time with the Merciers!

3 comments:

Sweet Baby James said...

Oooohhhh, I love these pics!! I miss you guys so much and wish we could have joined in the fun! Seriously, those babies are too cute for words. And I am in love with George's Halloween shirt. You know how much I love holiday themed clothing :-) Looks like a fun project, we might have to steal it!

THE MERCIER'S said...

We had so much fun!! Thanks for having us over! Your pictures are great and the cookies are nearly gone over here!

millerhighlifemama said...

how cute! love this idea...I think I have to steal it! Your boys are so adorable!!!