Wednesday, November 30, 2011

10 Months!

Look at this 10 month old baby!  Gus was being extra cooperative for his month pictures today, so I have a bunch to share.  Gus continues to be such a sweet baby and he puts a smile on everyone's face whenever he's around (well, maybe not George's, but that's another story).  He is getting stronger, smarter, braver, curious-er, funnier, and more charming every day.  He still loves to be wherever I am, but Sean is becoming a close second.  He tries so hard to be involved in George's games, but that usually ends with a shove or a grab or a "Mommy, come and get Gus!"  I know they'll be great brothers when Gus can do a little more.

 He has two teeth (one bottom and one top), loves to push around the little chair on the wood floor, eat puffs, go on walks, bang on the front door while looking outside, and has been practicing his solo standing skills. 
Yes, Gus, it's true.  You are 10 months old now!
 Two nights ago we decided that this co-sleeping, waking every 1.5 hours, taking up half our bed, 45 minute nap sessions just had to end.  He's had two nights of being on his own in his crib and so far it's gone so much better than I thought!  He's only cried for a maximum of 20 minutes and today he napped for over an hour each time.  I really don't want to jinx it, but maybe he's finally ready to sleep better.  It has been rough on everybody (that's an understatement!).
 Gus loves to wave hi and bye-bye, say "so big," and is starting to give kisses. He is such a sweet snuggler and when I pick him up, he always rests his head on my shoulder or chest and justs stays there, letting me soak in all his goodness.
 Hooray for you, Gus!  It won't be long now and you'll be a year old - aaahh!  Thank you for being a part of our family, we love you more than you'll ever know!


3 comments:

Sweet Baby James said...

For real, he just keeps getting cuter with each passing month. He has the sweetest smile and the most bright blue eyes, I just love him!

THE MERCIER'S said...

Happy little Gus!! I am really, really jealous of your 2 nights of him sleeping in his crib and only hearing him cry for 20 minutes. Ahhh, that would be a dream for us. Gus, please come teach Mark how it's done :)

Kathy Balluff said...

We love the picture of the boys in the snow. Gus just keeps getting cuter all the time.