Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Patty's Day 2012

The weather in Denver was ridiculously nice last week, including yesterday for St. Patrick's Day.  We started our day with green pancakes, George helped me make homemade Irish soda bread, spent some time at the celebration on S. Pearl Street, and I tried my hand at corned beef and cabbage for the first time ever.  It was an Irish kind of day, that's for sure!
It felt so strange to be wearing short sleeves and putting on sunscreen for St. Patrick's Day, but it brought out so many people to celebrate and enjoy the sunshine.

The O'Reilly leprechauns headed to the street fair.

 Gus could not get enough of this band.  He stood there and just looked at them, no dancing.  He was in awe!
Yes, his shirt says George on the back.  But its says O'Reilly on the front, so I thought it was appropriate for the day :)

Watching the band.

The corned beef turned out pretty good, surprisingly, although next year I'll remember to cook the veggies a little longer.  We finished our day with homemade shamrock shakes... George's favorite part of the day! 

1 comment:

Sweet Baby James said...

Gus usually still looks like a baby to me, but he looks like such a big boy in that last picture! I love those cute Irish boys you have :) And homemade shamrock shakes sound seriously delicious!