Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Program

We just got home from George and Gus' Christmas program at the church where they go to daycare/preschool.  To say that all the kids were adorable would be a drastic understatement.  They walked in with their class, each wearing their dressy Christmas clothes, scanning the pews for their parents.  When George spotted us, we got this big smile:

George's class sang a song about Christmas show and tell and another one about ringing a bell.  George was an awesome singer, and I defnitely teared up watching my sweet boy singing his little heart out.

Gus' toddler class joined everyone on stage, although they mostly sat with their teacher and ate snacks.  When Gus found us in the audience, he kept saying, "Hi Mama!" over and over.  Then he'd show us a bite of his snack, then sit back down.

Watching all these little kids gathered with parents and grandparents watching and taking pictures was very emotional for a lot of people today, myself included.  It was impossible to not think about all the kids and their families in Connecticut who are suffering beyond anything I can imagine.  As a parent and a teacher, this horrible event is weighing heavily on my mind.  My thoughts go back and forth between how heartbreaking it would be to lose a child and what I would do if a situation like this ever happened in my school.  How would I protect my students?  Where would we hide?  What if a student was out of the class?  It's a hard thing to get out of my head right now, although I try my best to use it to cuddle my boys a little extra, hold their hands, and read an extra story before bed. 
We are beyond blessed to have two healthy, smart, fun-loving boys who bring joy to us every single day. I pray that God brings comfort to those who have lost a child, teacher, friend, or loved one to this tragedy

1 comment:

Matt said...

That is the cutest smile I have ever seen!! Your boys are adorable. Giving our kids extra love right now.