On Thursday, our little August turned two years old!
When he woke up, he got to open a couple gifts from Sean and me. George tried as hard as he could to not touch the gifts himself.
We got Gus a play-doh truck and a new bedding set for when we turn his crib into a toddler bed. This is the comforter.... I think it's super cute with the tricycles!
Before we left for school Thursday morning, I baked a cake so we could decorate it after we got home. Both boys loved helping but it quickly turned messy.
I made Sean take our picture at 7:35 pm, exactly two years after he was born.
We had Gus' birthday party today with family and good friends. Since it's February 2nd, the theme was "Groundhog Day," which included an evite with Punxsutawney Phil, groundhog pudding cups (they didn't turn out as cute as I had hoped, but oh well), a Bill Murray t-shirt for Gus, and a banner with each kid who came to the party wearing a black top hat.
It's so fun to watch kids open presents at a party. The other kids are so fascinated and barely blink while watching :)
Here are some little snippets about Gus at two years old that I never want to forget:
- Up until very recently, he referred to himself as "Guy." He calls George, "Goo." When he sees a picture of the two of them, he'll scream, "Goo and Guy!"
- His favorite songs are "Let's Get Down to Business" from the movie Mulan and a Christian rock song he's learned at school, which he refers to as "Na na."
- He still adores his binky (gee-gee) and we are really trying to cut down on it since I'm pretty sure he now has the mouth of a pacifier addict.
- He enjoys calling Sean by his first name. At Costco he'll yell out, "Sean! Wait for me!" and in the morning when Sean goes into his room I'll hear him say, "Oh, hi Sean!"
- He is a wild, loud, cuddly, funny, affectionate, smart, brave, and loving boy and we are incredibly blessed to call him our son.
Happy birthday, August!!



2 comments:
happy birthday, Guy! Love you so much!
Look at that sweet face! He could not be any cuter. His party was so cute! How are our babies 2?!!
Post a Comment