As usual, summer has been flying by for the O'Reillys. We have been keeping busy with lots of activities and short getaways. Here are some pictures from my phone:
Gus likes to be extra protected in the sun.
We went up to Mike Parson's cabin for a night at the end of June and camped with a couple other families. We all love it there and the boys were wild and dirty and loved every minute of it!
George's BFF William and his family came up with us. William caught a fish!
I wish I could say the fish survived being out of the water long enough for all the kids to get a turn to touch him, but that would be untrue :(
Since Gus learned how to climb out of his crib a couple months ago, we took off the side of his crib and I decided I wanted to update their bedroom to more of a "big boys'" room. I painted the walls and furniture using colors in the cute bedding I got for Gus. I LOVE how it turned out! I really love the "brother" sign my mom got me for Mother's Day.
Another big change this summer? We sent Gus' binkies away. We had to. It was time. But man, has it been harder than we anticipated. So much harder than with George. Yuck.
Hopefully the post office wasn't too upset with our "mail."
We have also been swimming maniacs and George is really getting good at it! He has another round of lessons starting on Monday morning for two weeks. It is so fun going swimming this year because I can let George play on his own (sometimes using a swimming vest) and I can hold Gus. If we're in the baby pool.... it's amazing. I actually get to sit on the side and just watch!! I love it :)














1 comment:
I love their room! And the pictures of Gus sending his binky away are so sweet. I hope bedtime gets easier soon!
Post a Comment