I can't believe one month has already passed since George arrived! It has been a rollercoaster month for me (Sean has always been a lot calmer than me in stressfull situations) but I have loved every minute that I've spent with G this month. I'm attaching some pictures from his one month birthday today, along with some tidbits of information we have learned about George this month:
- He loves to eat. We got off to a challenging start breastfeeding but now that he and I have figured it out a little better, he is a champion eater and has the pot belly to prove it.
- He loves to sit on Sean's lap first thing in the morning. After I've fed him, I pass him off to Sean and they just look at each other and make silly faces and he's the most content he'll be all day sitting there with daddy.
- He is losing his hair. I thought he would lose the hair on the back of his head, but it's falling out from the top and has a definite receding hair line now. The hair in the back grows forward so it looks like he's trying to pull off a comb-over - pretty cute.
- Getting dressed is the worst part of his day. He hates every second of it. Getting undressed is fabulous though, and having his diaper off for a few minutes to air out is heavenly.
- Baths are wonderfully relaxing. He could stay in that warm water all night. Taking him out of the bath is the most torturous thing that Sean and I can do to him. He screams so loud that I'm surprised social services haven't been called.
- He is paying much closer attention to us now and will follow our voices when we move around. He seems to see us much better and sometimes acts like he wants to smile, we can't wait to see a real one!
- He sleeps in a car seat inside the crib. We tried it without the car seat and he just can't seem to stay comfortable with his reflux and wakes up all night. With the car seat, he'll go 3-5 hours at night in a row, eat, then go 3 more hours. It's a life-saver!
- Sean and I love him more than anything in the world.



4 comments:
One month old! Wow. Baby George has brought an awful lot of love to our family in such a short time. We all love having all the new pictures and watching him grow.
Love the receding hair line! The middle picture of him on the green blanket is so super cute, and that last one looks like a smile is about to come out! I am so glad that I have gotten to see G so much in his first month. I can't wait to watch him grow up!
I, too, love the receding hair line! Too funny! I love him so much. Can't wait to see you all in month!
Anne and family, it was great meeting you at James' birthday! George is adorable, what fun we will all have playing together next spring/summer!
Post a Comment