Friday, March 20, 2009

Six Months Old!

It seems so hard to believe that baby G is six months old already! His "babyhood" is halfway over already, wow. Every time I pack up some clothes that he has grown out of, I feel a little sad that he isn't that small anymore. Before you know it, he'll be a little boy! Here are some important tidbits about our 6 month old boy:
  • He can sit up pretty much on his own completely now. Once in a while, he'll fall over but pretty rarely. He now sees something in front of him that he wants and will lunge for it and tip over forwards, but that doesn't seem to bother him at all!

  • The past week or so, he's been riding in shopping carts like a big kid! I tried it out one day at Costco and he loved being able to look around and kick his legs. It has made life so much easier to not deal with hauling in the infant seat or wrapping him up in his baby wrap. He looks so cute and people stop to say how handsome he is!

  • He seems to have a bit of a temper starting to make its way out. When something doesn't go quite his way, he really lets us know. This happens a lot when he drops a favorite toy out of reach or if I try to burp him during feeding when he's not done eating.

  • He survived his first cold and teething combo. He seems to be feeling much better now and the tooth is visible so I think that painful part is over (for that tooth, at least). I have, however, opened a can of worms by comforting him and nursing him at night because now he cries for us when I know his teeth don't hurt anymore. The second one of us picks him up, he falls right back to sleep. Last night was better, I only nursed him once (compared with three times over the past week). Oh well, I guess if I were a baby, I'd prefer to fall asleep with my mom or dad rocking me, too.

  • He still hasn't rolled over since he did it on Superbowl Sunday. Weird.

  • We plan to give him some avocado or banana this weekend to add to his food menu. Cereal was fabulous for a while, now he's realized that it's pretty boring and doesn't eat very much at all.

  • We are starting swimming lessons on Tuesday. Just the thought of G in swimming trunks makes me smile.
I can't wait to see what his next 6 months are like. I'm sure he'll amaze us with how strong he becomes and how his personality continues to develop. We are so so lucky to have this little man in our lives. I just can't seem to hug and kiss him enough in a day... I'd better get it all in now, before we know it he'll be asking me to drop him off a block away from the mall :)
Showing off his reaching skills:I think he looks so much older when he's first out of the bath with his hair drying: Which toy should I chew on? Decisions, decisions...


2 comments:

Sweet Baby James said...

Awww, Happy Half Birthday G! The thought of him in swim trunks makes me smile too. Please take a picture!

Kathy Balluff said...

Six months old, wow!