Thursday, May 14, 2009

Go Rockies!

Today was a big day for George - he and I went to his first ever Rockies game! Katy and James invited us and have great tickets (we'll have to bring him to the Rockpile next time so he doesn't get too used to the good seats :)
We rode the LightRail together down to Coors Field and had a great time. Of course, as soon as we got there, he made it clear he wanted to have some lunch so I am proud to say I nursed him right there in the stands - my most public place to nurse yet! It's a good thing he and I are so good at it now because I don't think anyone was even aware of what we were doing.
Once his tummy was full, he loved being at the game. He was very smiley and loved to hear the crowd cheer. He never got scared of the sounds of the fans and was content to sit on my lap and eat his puffs and enjoy the sunshine. Here are some pics from our day:

I was impressed that he made it all the way to the 7th inning stretch before we had to leave so he got to hear "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" for the first time. He fell asleep in his wrap on the walk back to the Light Rail and slept all the way home. What a fun day!

3 comments:

Sweet Baby James said...

I am glad you guys could come! George did awesome for his first game! And good job on the public nursing-James nursed at many Rockies games last season. G was so cute in his Rockies outfit, we will definitely need to go again, but let's find some seats in the shade next time!

Laura Loo said...

James looks happy to be there too! ha. Looks like fun!

Sweet Baby James said...

Seriously, could James look any more disgruntled in that picture? Jeez!