Here's a pic of G and me from today - George is sporting an outfit that my dad wore as a baby! Evidently, boys' collars were a bit more feminine in the 1950s than today :-)
Sunday, May 10, 2009
My First Mother's Day (as a mom)
Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there! My first Mother's Day was just just right - I got to stay in bed a little late, get my hair cut, plant some vegetables with my mom, and then have dinner with my parents. Sean and George got me some flowers (mums), a nice card, and a necklace with G's name on it. I can't tell you how lucky I feel to be George's mom. Everyday that I look at him, I just thank God that he's my son. Since he's been born, I have had the extremes of every emotion, happiness, pride, worry, anxiety, exhaustion (is that an emotion), and amazement. Being his mom is the best thing that I've ever gotten to do, and I look forward to every single Mother's Day and every single regular day that I get to spend with him.
Here's a pic of G and me from today - George is sporting an outfit that my dad wore as a baby! Evidently, boys' collars were a bit more feminine in the 1950s than today :-)
Yesterday we went up to Platteville with our friends, the Peters and Penrods, so Sean could do some work on the Petersen farm in exchange for Mr. Petersen's work in our basement. Grace was there and the babies all had a great time. Here we are out for a walk around the property...
Don't worry, Sean got to have some fun of his own...
Here's a pic of G and me from today - George is sporting an outfit that my dad wore as a baby! Evidently, boys' collars were a bit more feminine in the 1950s than today :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I 110% adore George in that outfit. Love it. He is so sweet and looks like he likes being on your back in the Babyhawk! James hates it if he can't see my face!
Happy 1st Mother's Day! Look's like it was a great day!
Post a Comment