Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend 2009

We have had a few action-packed days around here to celebrate Thanksgiving this year. My sister wasn't able to make it to town until Friday, so on Thursday we decided to go to the zoo with my parents. What a perfect day for it! It was about 65 degrees and almost completely empty! The zoo is usually so crowded and hard to maneuver and get up close to some of the animals. We were able to get right up to everything and enjoy a carousel ride with just George and me, plus a train ride with Sean and my dad and about 3 other people.
Then yesterday we headed up to the mountains to cut down our Christmas tree. I think we found a good one! Katy and James joined us and Katy brought George a shirt to compliment James'. How cute are they?!After cutting down the tree, we stopped at the local fire house where they have a Santa and they let the kids play on a real live fire truck! Here's George showing off his "Junior Firefighter" sticker...This was pretty much a dream come true...
Our picture with Santa didn't turn out too good, and I can't seem to get a good copy of it for the blog, but I think Katy got a couple so I'll post it when I get a good one. Basically, George wanted nothing to do with sitting on his lap at all so I had to sit on Santa's knee, then George sat on mine!
Then today we were able to have our big family Thanksgiving dinner at my parents' house. It was a delicious meal with lots of fun had by all. We are so blessed in so many ways and have so so much to be thankful for this year. We hope everyone else had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well and we look forward to moving into the Christmas season!

1 comment:

Sweet Baby James said...

That is a great family picture! We had so much fun getting our tree with you! And seriously, how cute are our boys together?!