Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer Days

George and I have had a couple fun days this week with our friends. Yesterday, we went up to Longmont to go swimming with Katy and James. Longmont has a great toddler-only pool that the boys both loved and if George could learn to not steal other kids' toys, it would have been pleasant to just sit and watch him play :) Then, this morning George and I went to the zoo with a few of our great neighborhood friends. The kids all had a blast. There wasn't a lot of animal-watching, but they all loved running around and playing together anyway.

Watching the elephants with Mari...
Going for a ride in the covered wagon with Abby...Riding up front with Benji...George seriously loves the carousel! I don't think you can read it clearly, but just in case you're wondering, George's t-shirt says "BIG BRO." For those of you that haven't heard, we are expecting a new baby! Our second little bundle of joy should be arriving in early February. Sean and I are so excited to welcome another baby into our family and although he doesn't know it yet, I'm sure George will love having a little brother or sister (once he gets used to it)!
I got him this shirt to share the news with our parents, but I figured he'd better wear it now or else next summer it will be too small :)
This is my last week of total freedom, since I report back to work next Friday. Part of me is very excited to go back; part of me is very nervous since I'm job-sharing with Michelle and I want it to work well because our schedule is ideal; and part of me will miss George but I think it will be good for both of us to have our own things to do a couple days a week.
Enjoy your week!

1 comment:

Sweet Baby James said...

I don't know how I feel about the pic of me in a maternity swimsuit on the interwebz :-P All of G's little girl friends are so cute. And I love his shirt-I am SO excited about your news! I can't wait for our baby #2's to be so close in age.