Monday, August 15, 2011

Pin It!

My friend Katy has introduced me to the world of Pinterest.  If you haven't heard of it, it's pretty cool.  It's like a virtual cork board where you can "pin" things to a category that you'd like to come back to like craft ideas, recipes, ideas for birthday parties, etc.  What's fun is that you have friends on it and you can see everything they've pinned as well.  Between my four pinterest friends (I'm super-popular), I've gotten lots of ideas for fun stuff to try. 

One simple thing I stumbled on was making binoculars out of toilet paper rolls.  George is not a big craft-lover, so luckily these took about 25 seconds to make.  But he seriously loved running around the neighborhood today using his binoculars to find animals that needed rescuing.  After his surgery, we all watched a lot of "Go, Diego, Go," a cartoon with an animal rescuer :)  Here are some pics of George searching for animals in need of his rescuing skills...




He's spotted something!  I think this time he said he found a prairie dog that needed our help.

The prairie dog was stuck in this tree, so George tried to climb up to rescue it.
That's it for today!  If you haven't tried pinterest, I highly recommend it!

2 comments:

Laura Loo said...

I love the idea of him walking around the neighborhood with his binoculars! So cute!

THE MERCIER'S said...

Cute! I hope you got the prairie dog in the tree :)I'll have to check that site out.