Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Swimming Lessons

George and I have signed up for another round of swimming lessons through Denver Parks and Rec. Our friends Lindsay and George told us about this round and I'm so glad we joined! There are about 5 or 6 moms and babies in the class that all live within a mile of us - they are all so nice and I'm having such a great time. Our first session was mostly just singing in the water and getting the babies used to water on their face. This class is like the polar opposite. From the first minute in the water, the instructor wanted the babies to go under water. She focuses a lot on survival techniques like kicking, laying on their backs, and holding on to the side of the pool (yes, babies!). Since she found out this is our second session, she uses George a lot as her model for the other kids. George has jumped off the side, "swam" in a semi-circle under water back to the wall, been passed between the instructor and me under water, and practiced using his arms to swim. He does such a great job!! He never cries at all, and it's great to see him getting ready to go under when I say, "1,2,3, down!" Today one of the other moms had her own mom in town, and she offered to use my camera to take some pictures. Enjoy!

Practicing his kicking skills...About to be passed from the instructor to me...

Right after I passed him back... It is so ridiculously cute to see all the babies' faces as they come out of the water, we're having a blast!

4 comments:

Sweet Baby James said...

Cute! That is great you found good lessons. Our rec center ones were fun but kind of lame. I am jealous that George does so well going under water. Not so much for James.

Sweet Baby James said...

And PS-G in swim trunks=adorable

Kathy Balluff said...

Wow! It brings back such good memories of when I did the same thing with you and Laura. It was really fun!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.