Saturday, June 20, 2009

9 Months Old!

George has now doubled his existence: nine months in, nine months out! Here's the scoop on the G-man:

  • Yesterday he discovered the tupperware drawer and fell madly in love with it. He especially liked putting the breastpump parts up to his mouth and yelling into it to hear his echo. It was pretty hilarious!
  • Pulling up on anything and everything is all he wants to do. It even outshines his desire to crawl. If he could climb on top of things, that would be even better.
  • George decided this month that he is over nursing during the day. I thought it would only last a couple days, but it has lasted a few weeks now and it has made any attempt at a feeding schedule out of the question. It has been a frustrating few weeks for both of us trying to figure out a way to get him to eat during the day so that he isn't up all night wanting to eat (he's pulled many nights this month that resemble a newborn's). So I decided to try a bottle or two of formula during the day and that seems to have helped. It was very sad for me to start the formula since I had hoped that we would never have to use it, but he still nurses before bed and when he wakes up in the morning, so it's not a cold-turkey weaning process.
  • I can see why people hire professional babyproofers. George has found things around the house that I wouldn't have even thought of as tempting for a baby. He is constantly finding new ways to get into a little mischief.
  • He is hilarious and smart and brave and sweet and curious and opinionated and is a complete joy in our lives. Happy 9 months, George!

2 comments:

Sweet Baby James said...

Happy 9 month b-day Georgie! Seriously, that kid could win a best smile contest. I love it!

Kathy Balluff said...

He looks happy to be home in his chair! Happy 9 George. We love you. Gaky and Grampa